Saturday, November 5, 2011
Sacrifices We Make in Life
The Eidul Adha is here upon us. What are the sacrifices that we have done this year? Have we done something for Islam? For our family?For our work? For our friends?
It's hard, I know. To be unselfish, to think of others before your own self, that is very difficult. What does it mean to make the ultimate sacrifice?
I looked around me, and I see how unselfish people around me can be. My sister for instance. She has done so much for me and my late mother. I pray that she would find the ultimate happiness...
And Maktih Ara, making the sacrifice of taking care of her mother, my grand aunt. She said, and I quote, "Who wants to be sick?" It's hard taking care of sick people, but, with patience, we are guaranteed a big reward from Allah, insya Allah.
Sometimes, people doesn't want to shoulder the responsibilities of taking care of their aged parents. They wanted to pass the burden to other people. What a waste!
Selamat Hari Raya Qurban to everyone! Don't be selfish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment