I do know that suicides have become a big problem nowadays. But from what I gather from one of my friend, a psychiatrist at Hospital Bahagia, he said and I quote from his Twitter:
“Malaysians are also suicidal! Killing oneself by jumping into the well is not a rare thing in state X"
I truly thought that suicides are a problem in Japan or in the West. When it happens here in Malaysia, there must be something wrong somewhere.
But of course, we shouldn’t blame the person who wants to commit suicide 100%. We must delve deeper into the problem. What drove her or him to want to do it? Could we do anything to help them?
I know that there is a group named Befrienders who helped people who are thinking of ending their lives. But I am not certain how to be a volunteer there. You can go here:
or
Life is precious. Don’t be selfish. Do you think by ending your life, all your problems would be solved? As Muslims, we believe that committing suicide is the ultimate sin. We would be sent to hell. No excuses.
Why must we feel discourage by life? Allah sent the trials and tribulations to strengthen us, not to make us feel so down that we would not be willing to continue living our lives. When we tend to be selfish, that’s when all our troubles seem limitless and there’s no solution. If we take our problems and try to solve them one by one, insya Allah, we would feel better afterwards.
Don’t be sad. Live life to the fullest. Happiness would find us, one day, if we are feeling blue now! Love is unstoppable!
No comments:
Post a Comment