I am currently listening to the song by Allayarham Sudirman – Ayah dan ibu (translated to father and mother). I feel really sad listening to this song. It’s been nearly 4 years since my dad passed away and 3 years since my mother passed away...
Eid Mubarak is not the same without them. Rendang and ketupat, my mother’s favourite, reminds me of her, while nasi impit and gulai ikan reminds me of my father. So many memories, be it sweet ones and even bitter ones. But I wouldn’t trade my parents for another. They made me the person I am today.
When they passed away, I cried tears and grieved for them. So many things I still wanted to do for them, for example, taking them to perform Hajj in Mecca, building a new house as a token of my love for them, or even taking them for a ride in my first car.... I am slowly recovering from your passing, mother, father, but you’ll always have a special place in my heart. I pray that both of you are peaceful in the barzakh, ameen!
No comments:
Post a Comment