Help! I couldn’t sleep! It’s after midnight and I am wide awake. What should I do? My cousin, in fact my sister asked me... how come I am not surfing the net, fb’ing and blogging anymore? I don’t have the answer to their questions. Maybe I feel that there’s nothing interesting lately to be shared with the world. This entry will be short I think.
Lying on my bed thinking about the future scares me. My friend asked me a while back – “do you feel like u r not achieving yr full potential by being a primary school teacher?” I never thought about that. For a while, I enjoyed the rush of teaching. When I see a light goes on in a pupil’s brain. But lately? I don’t know. I feel tired of creating a lesson plan. Maybe that’s it. I am in a rut. I had to go out of this trap. How, I don’t know. I should pray for the right path....
totally understand the rut.
ReplyDeleteone thing that makes the teaching profession not boring is establishing personal bonds with the kids.
when i react with them, beyond my teaching scope, the good feeling somehow makes me glad that i am (was) a teacher..
yes..all it takes to get out from the rut is to get out of my comfort zone..experience life, enjoy my kids...hehehehe
DeleteSpook!! Don't get the wrong idea! I didn't mean it that way. That sounded so negative and so wrong! That question was actually something that I've asked myself over the years. I've been doing lots of thinking about going into teaching and I wanted to hear it from someone who's been there and done that.
ReplyDeleteI think it takes a special someone to become a teacher. Someone with enough patience and empathy. Someone who's creative and knows how to engage students. We human gets easily bored whenever we're stuck in a rut. But hey, imagine working in an office like you used to. I bet you're grateful that you're not doing that anymore!
Lots of love! xoxo
yup..i m glad this is the path that i choose... looking back, i wouldn't change it for the world... i love my kids, even if some days i feel like pulling all my hair and just go hide in a corner somewhere...hehehe
Delete