Thursday, September 10, 2015

What is LOVE?

Assalamualaikum. 

It's been a long time since I last wrote here. Been busy with my work and all. 

In the midst of marking my pupils' exam papers. Three classes X 2 papers each = 6 batches. But I am done with most of my Year 5 kids. Except for the essay part. Oh man, I foresee some torturous periods trying to make sense of their answers. Mostly direct translation. 

But I do digress. Since it is the exam week, I did not have to make preparations for my class. (Well, except after that I have these papers to mark, but that's okay!). I spent my days reading. I decided to read the Hathaway Sister's series, starting with Mine Till Midnight. My sister bought the book from BBW. And it was awesome!
Finally, that obsession with a book is back! Well, now the whole books from the author. I think I am going to read her books during the coming school break. Now I just completed the 3rd book in the series. At first, I was mad at the hero. I mean, a villain cast as a hero? But after I completed my reading last night, I think it all fell into place.

This is the part that made me realized it all made perfect sense:



“She had been in love with a prince, and she had ended up in the arms of a villain, and it would be so much easier if she could continue to view everything in those simplistic terms. Except that her prince was not nearly as perfect as he had seemed... and her villain was a caring, passionate man.

It was finally becoming clear to her that love wasn’t about finding someone perfect to marry.

Love was about seeing through to the truth of a person, and accepting all their shades of light and dark.”



Excerpt From: Kleypas, Lisa. “Tempt Me At Twilight.” iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment