When I first saw this contest, questions kept running in my head. Who is my best friend? I had the good luck of having more than a couple of friends that I could call true friends. They were there through thick and thin, accept me and believe in me when I was at my lowest - but a best friend? It was hard to choose from that group of friends that I grew up with.
And then, it came to my mind. Inspiration struck. I don’t have to look very far. I just knew. She is my beloved sister. The person who knows me the most – that’s my best friend. The one person who accepts me be it my strengths or my weaknesses. So, does it count? I don’t care. So long as I can make this entry as a tribute to all that she has contributes and is still contributing in my life.
She was born on April 7th, 1975. She was the third child, but unfortunately, our two older brothers passed away when they were born. And finally, I came along after 6 years. She once told me, she thought I was a boy when she first saw me. I think it was love at first sight. From the time I was a child, she was always there for me. We played together, or rather; I tagged along wherever she would go. I was the youngest child, the one she had to look out for. That what my parents taught her I guess – to take care of me. I was the pampered one.
As I grew into my teenage years, I made other friends. She was also busy with her study in the university. We drifted apart, or so I thought. I began to take her for granted. In 1998, during my Form 5, my late mother fell sick. She was bedridden for a couple of weeks. Luckily, my sister had graduated. She was the one who took care of the family. Luckily, my late mother recovered. By the time I finished SPM, we were normal again. But my late mother had become dependent on my sister. She was not allowed to go to K.L to look for a job. So, she decided to look for a job in Terengganu. Little did I realize my sister would make so many sacrifices so that I could become who I am today.
Over the years after my SPM, I had to make a lot of choices. And my sister never once forced me to do anything that I didn’t want me to do. When I wanted to pursue my degree in UKM, she supported me 100%. She didn’t tell me about the offer she received to enter UIA for a teaching diploma course. I didn’t know until much later. She said that she couldn’t burden our parents anymore. So, I went to UKM and further my studies. In my third year, I became depressed because I didn’t achieve my target. When I was in my lowest, she was there for me. She believed in me. She wouldn’t let me quit. If she hadn’t been my number one fan, there was a big chance that I might not have graduated.
The best moment in my life was when I received my Engineering Bachelor Degree with Honours. My sister was there with me, even though my father had passed away a couple of months before and my late mother was not able to make it to my convocation. She was there, and that was one of the sweetest memory in my life... my sister, my best friend!
And then, it came to my mind. Inspiration struck. I don’t have to look very far. I just knew. She is my beloved sister. The person who knows me the most – that’s my best friend. The one person who accepts me be it my strengths or my weaknesses. So, does it count? I don’t care. So long as I can make this entry as a tribute to all that she has contributes and is still contributing in my life.
She was born on April 7th, 1975. She was the third child, but unfortunately, our two older brothers passed away when they were born. And finally, I came along after 6 years. She once told me, she thought I was a boy when she first saw me. I think it was love at first sight. From the time I was a child, she was always there for me. We played together, or rather; I tagged along wherever she would go. I was the youngest child, the one she had to look out for. That what my parents taught her I guess – to take care of me. I was the pampered one.
As I grew into my teenage years, I made other friends. She was also busy with her study in the university. We drifted apart, or so I thought. I began to take her for granted. In 1998, during my Form 5, my late mother fell sick. She was bedridden for a couple of weeks. Luckily, my sister had graduated. She was the one who took care of the family. Luckily, my late mother recovered. By the time I finished SPM, we were normal again. But my late mother had become dependent on my sister. She was not allowed to go to K.L to look for a job. So, she decided to look for a job in Terengganu. Little did I realize my sister would make so many sacrifices so that I could become who I am today.
Over the years after my SPM, I had to make a lot of choices. And my sister never once forced me to do anything that I didn’t want me to do. When I wanted to pursue my degree in UKM, she supported me 100%. She didn’t tell me about the offer she received to enter UIA for a teaching diploma course. I didn’t know until much later. She said that she couldn’t burden our parents anymore. So, I went to UKM and further my studies. In my third year, I became depressed because I didn’t achieve my target. When I was in my lowest, she was there for me. She believed in me. She wouldn’t let me quit. If she hadn’t been my number one fan, there was a big chance that I might not have graduated.
The best moment in my life was when I received my Engineering Bachelor Degree with Honours. My sister was there with me, even though my father had passed away a couple of months before and my late mother was not able to make it to my convocation. She was there, and that was one of the sweetest memory in my life... my sister, my best friend!
terharunye baca coretan kak ani nih..huhu
ReplyDeletesedihnyer baca.. be grateful ye cos such a precious gem is difficult to find..
ReplyDeletehi Ani...pas2 grad ri tu, terus lost contact ngan ko..sedih pulak baca entry ni..
ReplyDeleteSalam..
ReplyDeletewaaa. Tahniah!!~
Tahniah sebab menang.. dan tahniah sebab dapat kawan yang baik gitu. =)
Semoga sentiasa dibawah lembayung rahmat Allah.
SElamat hari RAyA!!