Accountability is a concept in ethics and governance with several meanings. It is often used synonymously with such concepts as responsibility,[1] answerability, blameworthiness, liability, and other terms associated with the expectation of account-giving. As an aspect of governance, it has been central to discussions related to problems in the public sector, nonprofit and private (corporate) worlds. In leadership roles, accountability is the acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions, products, decisions, and policies including the administration, governance, and implementation within the scope of the role or employment position and encompassing the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.
As a term related to governance, accountability has been difficult to define.[2][3] It is frequently described as an account-giving relationship between individuals, e.g. "A is accountable to B when A is obliged to inform B about A’s (past or future) actions and decisions, to justify them, and to suffer punishment in the case of eventual misconduct".[4], Accountability can not exist without proper accounting practices, in other words absence of accounting means absence of accountability.
That’s it - The title of this entry. Why am I trying to write about accountability? Too many of us forget about our responsibility. I don’t need to go far. It’s enough that I take a look at my own work ethics. Do I go to the class on time? Do I utilize the whole lesson in order to make my pupils learn? Do I use the free periods for school work or do I surf FB?
There’s no need to point fingers to anyone. Each and every one of us has accountability – towards our family, towards our work, and most importantly towards Allah. Being a humble servant, we need to make sure that we devote our time for prayer, do what He asks us to do, and avoid what He forbids us to do.
What else, hmm? Sometimes I wonder why people go astray from the straight path? I watched the news at 8 and there was a report on selling babies. How could a mother sell her own flesh and blood? What went on in their sick and twisted mind? A baby is a gift, not a livestock to be traded for money. There was also a report on the senior citizen selling drugs (pill kuda) with her son. A parent is supposed to guide his/her children to be a useful citizen.
You see, these are the reasons why I rarely watched the news. It’s very stressful. And being in BB, my internet coverage is so slow that I don’t have the chance to read the news online. I think I’ll catch up at home by using my ever trusted Streamyx! Ok...I think I need to unwind and relaxed myself. All the negative news are giving me a headache.
No comments:
Post a Comment