Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stronger

“Am I strong enough to walk on water?
Smart enough to come out of the rain?
Or am I a fool?”

How would you feel if you’re insulted, your professional etiquette and personal qualities questioned? In public mind you? It felt surreal at first. And you thought to yourself, is this really happening to me? Questions like – “WHY ME?”, or What have I done to deserve this? And then you realized that Allah wouldn’t test you with that attack if you couldn’t face it. And you choose to rise above all those insults. And you realize that you have nothing to prove to that type person. Because nothing you do would ever satisfy this type of people.

They are like vampires, I think. They thrive on other people misery and misfortune. They like to think that they are better than everyone else. And of course, being perfect, they like to find faults with other people. They don’t want answers; instead, they just want satisfaction. Humiliating people is their daily staple.

Thus, what is the best way to overcome this? Avoid them at all costs. When you just do nothing, they would think they have won. Let them think so. Because the best way to get out of an argument is to avoid it (of course, I’m quoting from Dale Carnegie!).

At the end of the day, let’s just hope that this type of people would change. Uncontrollable anger and envy are such bad emotions. Besides, they could eat up your insides!

“... lagi sakit hati anda, lagi ria berbunga di hatinya. Dia menjadikan kesakitan orang lain sebagai pemuas hati. Dia hidup dengan mengambil kegembiraan orang lain. Dia yang sebenarnya tidak yakin dengan diri sendiri, kerana itu dirasakan perlu untuk menjatuhkan orang lain!”
- Plain Jane, Nurul Syahida

No comments:

Post a Comment