It’s been a while since I write about feelings – the romantic kind! Lately I had forgotten what it feels like to just feel. Maybe it’s because there is a lack of offerings. I mean, Bukit Besi is not Kuala Lumpur. In fact, I didn’t feel the attraction to guys since 2009. Seems like weird, right? And before any of you say it out loud, I’m still straight okay?
I don’t know about other girls/woman, but I want to be choosy. Being the first to admit that I am no Miss World, so, it’s not the looks that I care about. After the debacle in UKM, I stopped admiring guys for their looks alone. Sure, the first thing that catches a normal hot blooded woman’s attention would be his appearance, but somehow... when they open their mouths all thoughts of getting to know each other just flew down the window! Hahahaha....I didn’t mean to insult their intellect, but come on! Sentences like:
“I don’t have a degree...”
Or
“My English is very bad...”
Etc...
Couldn’t they be more self confident? I abhor men who use/ manipulate their weaknesses as a means to an end. Sure, maybe it’s not intentional at first, but when they realize that their method works, then they must think – why mess with success, right? Why can’t they be self assured, but at the same time not egoistic? (That’s important in a husband, confident yet not too egoistic! Some ego is needed!)
Well, I am straying from the topic. Sorry!
Anyhow, me, being an avid reader (yes, especially ROMANCE!), I want my husband to be passionate about books like me. After all, sex could get stale after the novelty has worn off! Hahahahaha....we need some common interest to talk about. This doesn’t mean that he has to read romance or even English books. I’m flexible. As long as he reads, then it’s okay!
Next, I want him not to hover. For some, their perfect guy is Seth Tan (yes, I watched the drama but finds the hero unbelievable!). As for me, some attention is great, but not to the extend of choking me. I’d feel smothered in all that unnecessary attention! After all, I’ve lived to the ripe age of 30 just fine, why should a guy showered me with too much attention? (God, I sounded so arrogant, forgive me Allah!). I mean, I want some attention, but in moderate portion, okay? Please don’t be overprotective.
What else huh? I had all those qualities inside my mind, but when I tried to jot it down, only some appear... hehehehe.... well, in Islam, of course the most important quality in a husband is for him to be a faithful servant of Allah. If he is a good servant of Allah, then he would make a good husband... Islam is DEEN. A way of life. To be a good leader in a family, he needs to have sufficient grasp of the religion. And willing to learn more. I’ve always wanted to perform the prayer led by my husband! Sadly, even in Terengganu, I could see men who don’t go to Friday Prayer. If he doesn’t do THAT, then I highly doubt whether he pray 5 times a day? But I try not to be negative, but really, it’s difficult while I’m watching all those guys at the Mydin Mall during Friday Prayer!
What else? Oh yeah, the dream guy must accept me the way that I am. I’ve been called many things and not all of them are complementary! I know for a fact that I had a fierce temper, and I can’t stand nonsense and couldn’t tolerate hypocrites!
But, it’s important to stress that this is my version of DREAM guy, thus, I don’t think I’ll be able to find this paragon of virtue. I too, must accept his flaws. That’s what’s important in a relationship. Don’t look at your partner through rose-coloured lenses. Be realistic.
No comments:
Post a Comment