“You can’t eliminate anger and it wouldn’t be a good idea if you could. In spite of all your efforts, things will happen that will cause your anger and sometimes it will be justifiable anger. Life will be filled with frustration, pain, loss and unpredictable actions of others. You can’t change that, but you can change the way you let such events affect you. Controlling your angry response can keep you from making you even more unhappy in the long run...”
“He who angers you, conquers you” – Elizabeth Kenny
“Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath it” – Eckhart Tolle
“Angers dwells only in the bosom of fools” – Einstein
“I don’t have to attend to every argument that I’m invited to” – unknown
I am too angry these days. What with my family affairs and also the people around me that are giving me headaches. I suspected the reason that I could not sleep for 7, 8 hours anymore is because I think too much. I need to release my anger. Easier said than done huh?
Anger could be a positive emotion and a negative emotion. Mostly it’s negative. But, in Islam, we are required to be angry towards evil doings. We would not be a good Muslim if we tolerate these sins and misdeeds such as adultery, slander etc.
But if we fall victim to lust and become an angry person all the time (like I am right now!), then it would pose a problem. You see, anger is a very destructive emotion to be had in the long run. You’re angry at the government, angry at your family, angry at your friends, angry at your colleagues, angry at etc... Then where would you be then if you’re angry all the time? Trust me; that negative aura is not good for your health. I think it would strain your heart (no medical evidence, but that’s common sense huh? When you’re mad all the time, it’s bound to take a toll on your heart!)
So, I need to let go of my anger. Let bygones be bygones. And take steps to prevent the same thing from happening all over again. Don’t let anyone has power to incite my anger. All those anger is really not good. Bad things happen when I am not in perfect control of my emotion. This quote below is really apt in my situation:
“Don’t get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects” – Richard Nixon
Haha... laughing my heart out! Why waste my time and thoughts when the person I am angry at shows no remorse at causing my anger. I should just let them be.
“The weak have one weapon – the errors of those who think they are strong”
Just live your life happily. Let the pain and anger and frustration fade away. Be the best person you want to be.
“Kamu tidak perlu terlalu bergantung terhadap pandangan orang lain terhadap kamu. Lupakan dan cuba buktikan kepada diri sendiri bahawa kamu boleh menjadi lebih baik daripada apa yang mereka fikirkan (You don’t have to be too dependent upon what others perceived of you. Forget about it and try to prove to yourself that you could be better than what they think.)”
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” –Kamil Abdullah
“Not everybody will like me, but I like myself enough”
No comments:
Post a Comment