Just got back home. Went to Dewan Sivik next to SMKTB to search for patchwork carpet for my living room. After much number crunching etc, I decided not to buy a sofa as of yet. Prioritize, that's the way to go, I think.
What's that got to do with the title of this entry? The truth is, I have always been, and always be someone who does not put too much of a high value on expensive things. Except when I have no choice, such as for shoes, with me having uk8 size feet, and of course clothes. As for the other things, I am cool enough with normal handbags. I did buy a designer handbag once, and I still live to regret it. I was too afraid that I might break it, that I only wore it like a few times in a couple of months. I want to ensure that I would get my money's worth. Honestly once is enough for me. Because, I do not feel any difference with my designer handbag as oppose to the normal one with the price range of 100 to 200 ringgit. In fact, after that one, my specific requirement for a new handbag would be to get one at the cheapest price.
And now, with me having a commitment of a mortgage, I guess I will not buy any handbag for the next 5 years, I hope. I will try to use the handbags that I have and take care of them so that they will last till. 2021! Hihih. And my bff Fadzilah said, ya la tuuu....
Moving on.
Another random thought that had something to do with this entry is that.
Funny how, as I grow older, I discover that certain things are so trivial that they no longer bother me. I mean, what with the social media nowadays, there are so many people that really like to express their opinion strongly. I think that, itself a form of cyber bullying. Just because you don't do certain things, and you see others committing mistakes or sins, does it make it okay for you to tell them off? What if it happens to you? Or your family? Or your close friends? I was bothered even from the time I had a FB account. At one time back then, I even had two FB accounts just to keep track of social media friends. Luckily, something happened and I no longer see myself there. So I deactivated FB and stick with insta and twitter and pinterest. Stiil a lot of social media, to me, insta is where I keep track with my certain friends, twitter is where I get my gossip and infos(even doubtful ones) and pinterest is the new google for me. Trust me, pinterest makes my life easier even in teachig and learning! So yeah. I still have social media life, but only to a certain degree. And I also have blogs to jot down my random thoughts. Don't get me wrong. This is not me dissing FB, to each his/ her own. But no bullying, please. Just because it hasn's happen to you, doesn't mean it will not in the future. Besides, there is one saying from a book that ask a question that you should really ask yourself(and myself):
"Cuba pikiaq betul2, kita ni jadi baik (tak la baik sangat, tapi takla sampai melakukan jenayah) pasai kita memang baik atau pasai kita ada suasana yang kondusif untuk jadi baik?" -dipetik dari buku MOMEN2 MATLUTHFI.
Oh, on more thing. It's also funny how as I grow older, I find things that really matter even two or three years ago no longer bothered me, at least not much. You know, things like how people perceived me as, even How I express myself, etc... Not that I am rude or anything. It's just that I no longer care whether they would think of me as like this or like that. In fact, I think age has made me more eccentric.
Okay. Asr. Signing off for now. If I am not tired, I might share my first experience of buying a house. Now it's time to make the house into a home, insya Allah.
Wassalam.
WR
1641
14 Jan 2016
Thursday
K. Trg
Trg, Malaysia

No comments:
Post a Comment