I know I am getting old when the only rock songs I could listen to are the mellow ones. Just now, Korn was playing, and my eardrums couldn’t take it. I remembered fondly the good old days when I could listen to Metallica, Nirvana, Greendays, Oasis etc. I am not scared of growing old, because I hope with age, comes wisdom. But, there is always a but; I am scared of becoming forgetful. I don’t want to lose my memories, be it fond ones or even bitter ones -especially the memories of my childhood.
I don’t have that idyllic childhood that others do. My parents trained my sister and me not to be too clingy. When others were picked up by their parents, we either walked home or took the public transport. I still remember during my SPM years, I cycled to and fro for tuition, at night! Imagine how scary it was after 10.30p.m.! And of course, being in Terengganu, there were the rainy seasons. However, the hard times made me appreciate the good times. And I am glad that my parents trained me to be this way, because it made me the person I am today. For those who are close with me, they’d understand what happened actually. Below is the lyrics of the song September, by Daughtry. The song suited my mood – and also because my birthday is in September!
September
Half the time passed away
All the trouble that we gave
And all those days we spent out by the lake
Has it all gone to waste?
All the promises we made
One by one they vanished just the same
All the things I still remember
Summers never looked the same
Years go by and time just seems to fly
But the memories remain
In the middle of September
We still play out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now how things could've been
It was worth it in the end
Now it all seems so clear
There's nothing left to fear
So we made our way by finding what was real
Now the days are so long
That summer's moving on
Reach for something that's already gone
Yeah
All the things I still remember
Summers never looked the same
Years go by and time just seems to fly
But the memories remain
In the middle of September
We still play out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now how things could've been
It was worth it in the end
Yeah we knew we had to leave this town
But we never knew when, and we never knew how
We would end up where we are
Yeah we knew we had to leave this town
But we never knew when, and we never knew how
Never knew anything
All the things I still remember
Summers never looked the same
Years go by and time just seems to fly
But the memories remain
In the middle of September
We still play out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now how things could've been
It was worth it in the end
No comments:
Post a Comment