According to the Oxford Dictionary,
1. Pride:(disapproving) the feeling that you are better or more important than other people
->see proud
2.Dignity:sense of your own importance and value / a calm and serious manner that deserves respect
There is a difference between pride and dignity. Remember the novel Pride and Prejudice? I am not certain whether I read the whole book or not, or even I read the book at all, but I googled the book just now and realize that sometimes pride makes a cold bedfellow.
Anyway, so is it wrong to have pride? I’ve read somewhere that the hero said to the heroin, have some pride. But I think, pride is good only in small doses. You should never be too proud because that could lead to your downfall. And of course, the most important thing is that Allah dislike people who are too proud. Be humble of your achievements and wealth and other blessings. You never know when Allah is going to take them back from you, because they are just on loan from Allah to you to test whether you know how to be thankful or not.
I think a person should have dignity. He/she must know his/her self-worth. Never let others undermine you. When others criticized you, you should reflect whether it’s true or not. If you are like what they say you are, then it’s time to change. But if you are not, don’t let what others say about you bothers you so much. If you think too much about others perceive of you, I don’t think you’d be happy (note to self jugak!).
Be happy. Be free.
“Never let your stop smiling because smiling is the simplest of all kindness…”
No comments:
Post a Comment