People do stupid things for the sake of obtaining riches. I know this, because I’ve seen how my relatives act when faced with their parent’s bequeathed. My uncles were the worst. Men were supposed to be protectors of women. Sadly, my uncles were not.
On Wednesday, there will be a hearing to decide how my mother’s small plot of land to be distributed among her heirs. Seeing that my mother had no surviving son, her heirs are me and my sister and also her siblings.
At first, all her siblings said that they were willing to let go of their right, being that her land is really small. But on last Saturday, my uncle said that he wants a piece of the action. Because it’s a legacy from my mother, my sister and I had decided earlier that we will not sell this land. So, in order to fulfill my uncle’s request, we had to come up with the money to pay his part.
Now that really pisses me of! He already had a lot of money from his share of the compensation of their house. Why does he need to ask money from me and my sister, who barely have enough to get by? I just bought a car, and paying the down payment for Baby Pink had burned a hole in my savings account! Of course I need to have some nest egg in case I have to use it for emergencies. I can’t withdraw all my savings account for his sake. Money hungry b****rd!
Ok, ok…calm down and take deep breaths Ani! I have to accept the fact. People will be people. When faced with a choice of money and relatives, the stupid ones usually choose money. Well, I will find a way to pay him and wish him all the best. May he be happy with his choice. Amin!
jdkan pengajaran moga2 hubungan kita dok jd mcm sedara kita yg asyik mengejar duit sampai terlupa erti kasih sayang
ReplyDelete