What I want to ask here is – have you ever met someone who looked so cool, that you think is the ONE but, when that person opens her/ his mouth, you realized all your hopes are dashed. I have, just last weekend, in fact. I had always had a thing for guys wearing caps, I don’t know why. Ok, I digress, what am I rambling about here? Oh yeah, the guy with the cap. Well, too bad huh? That’s why it’s important to keep your mouth shut guys! So that girls would think you’re the strong, silent type! Where did I meet him? It’s a secret!
Moving on, lately people had been asking me – when do I want to settle down? Well, it’s true that I’ll be hitting the big 3-0 this September! But, I am enjoying myself being single and NOT available. I’ve seen what marriage has done to people I know. They change. And I am not sure that those changes are for the better or vice versa.
I think I’ve been reading too much romance novels! I expect the moon and the stars. And I know in real life, marriage is so much more than that! I shouldn’t demand perfections! Lastly a quote to remind myself:
We come to love not by finding the perfect person,
But by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly...
- Sam Keen
No comments:
Post a Comment