‘According to the Quran, love is to be shown to those who deserve it. Those who do not deserve it are not to be loved. We are even to distance ourselves from them emotionally or, at least, not to feel inclined towards them. But those who deserve love deserve it because of their virtue. The only being who deserves absolute love is God, who creates us all. God brought us into existence proffered us with countless blessings we enjoy, showed us the way, and promised us everlasting paradise. He helps us out of every anxiety and graciously hears our every call. It is He who feeds us until we are satisfied, cures us when we are ill and then restores our spirit.’2
- Harun Yahya
I attended two wedding feasts today, and that is weird/ rare for me. Generally, I only went to the feast of people that I am close to whenever I received wedding invitations. For some unexplainable reasons, I find wedding feasts depressing. No, it’s not because I envy them (for me, I wish them the best of happiness!), but the reasons could be because of my previous experience of marriage. I’ve seen people miserable in their marriage, and it made me wary, nope, make that extra wary. Maybe, I was, or maybe am, still afraid that what happened to them would happen to me? I don’t know. I think the issue that I have with love and relationship is TRUST. I don’t think I trust easily. Deep in my heart, there’s a hesitancy that someday I’ll fall in love and that man would break my heart. Yes, my friends told me, if I don’t jump into the water, I’ll never learn to swim. But, I am scared of water. What if I drowned?
Well, enough about matters of the heart. Today I finished reading a book by Eloisa James – When Beauty Tamed the Beast. I loved IT! Since House is one of my favourite TV shows, how could I not buy the book when the hero in the novel comes across between House and the Beast from the fairy tale? He’s not perfect, and that’s what I like about him. He’s rude, obnoxious, and cynical; definitely not a perfect gentleman, but he loves his mother! That’s what makes me go OOOhhh...isn’t he sweet? Ouch, I forgot that men hated being called sweet! Besides that, the hero, Piers also loves the heroin not because of her beauty, but because of her heart. She’s not as perfect as heroines usually are, but likeable enough. In short, they are perfect for each other!
Lastly, here’s a quote from my friend Dora:
‘A runner never stops running. He/she will keep on running away from everything until one day he/she realises that he/she can never run forever!’
No comments:
Post a Comment