Sunday, July 3, 2011

White knight

Deep inside every girl, I think secretly we all wanted a a knight in shining armour that is going to ride astride a white horse into our lives and magically slay all the dragons in our lives, right? (This is the effect from all those fairy tales and in my case, also the romance novels that are my daily staple when I was in secondary school and uni!)

However, as I grew older (but not necessarily wiser!), I begun to realize that, if I want something right, I need to do it myself. So, now I like to think of myself as cured from this syndrome. And I want to share this insight (as if it’s rocket science! Hahahah ) with others. We, girls, or women, don’t need a man to be our knight in shining armour. We are strong enough as it is. But we need them to complete our halves of heart, because they are our soul mates.

But, in my honest opinion, don’t ever settle. Let’s say you are in my case, (I am 30 and proud of it!), people keep asking me – “When are you going to get married? Don’t be too choosy!”, but don’t do it! Don’t settle for less just because you’re lonely, or because others push you to it! Don’t!

You should fall in love because it is at the right time, right moment, with the right person. Because love like that is hard to find, so it is worth it. (I am reading the Tentang Cinta – About Love by Pahrol Mohd Juoi, that’s why I have all these ideas about LOVE!)

Seriously, Love should not be viewed in a narrow outlook. Love is universal. The most important love is of course towards Allah - When you put your heart towards Allah, insya Allah (Allah willing), you wouldn’t be disappointed. Humans tend to break your heart, especially if love in their hearts had changed into hatred. If we put our hearts and souls into love between humans, there’s a big risk that we would feel disappointments. The best way is to find Allah’s love first, and pray that Allah will grant us the love from those who love Him.

At the end of the day, we decide our happiness. Don’t let others dictate how you live your life. sure, they could give their opinions and advice, but it is your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment