Assalamualaikum.
It's mid January. 3 weeks of school. I am still adapting to the new life in 2013. I have some issues that I need to resolve. But let's just keep it personal and avoid writing about it until they are solved, okay?
Maybe, to some, this is way too late, to be writing my new year's resolution here. But that's me, I guess. Always getting on the late train. Like, I am 32, and this year, I realized that most of my friends are happily married and have kids that are entering primary school! Gasp! I mean, where has all my youths gone to? I don't even have a special someone in my life. No, don't get me wrong. I am happy with my life, though some would say my life is lonely. But, I am asking, really, I am old! Hahaha. But I like being 30's. It allowed me to be eccentric. Right?
So here's my new year resolutions:
1. personal: be a better person. As in keeping my obligations to Him, to people. Trying to pray on time (but, oh! It is very hard especially during Fajr during weekends!). Slot in time to do exercise (Yes, I put on weight now, because the new canteen boss knows how to attract customer. They are always asking for feed backs from us!). Since I love eating so much, I need to go for brisk walks in order to burn those calories from my meals. I try to lose weight not because I want to look beautiful, etc. But it's for my own health.
2. career: to build a networking with my colleagues. I am trying my best here. But I don't suffer fools. And I especially try to avoid talking bad things about people behind their back. You know how it is right? The easiest thing to do in the world is to criticized people and the hardest thing to do is to reflect on your own self and improve your self. Avoid talking unnecessary leave unless I have urgent matters to attend to, like get married? HAHAH.
3. travel: I want to travel in 2013. Destination? Definitely NZ, and maybe Mecca? I'll have to plan my budget this year. Nothing frivolous, Ani. I really, really want to go to Europe, but I think that, I should leave for 2014 or 2015. And let's not forget New Orleans and New York! Hahahah... And Ria told me not to miss Vietnam. Shopping haven!
4. budget - Ani, plan your expenses and savings. In order to travel, you need to have a big egg nest. For emergency purposes. You are not born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you don't have a wealthy husband, in fact, you don't have parents anymore. Period. FYI, I don't sell lands to buy cars. That's just not smart. I work. I make loans.
Thank you to those who assumed that I sold my mother's land to buy my car. Thank you. For the insults. Just because you see dollar signs every where, please don't lump me into the same category. I see people. I see whether they are being genuine or fake. To me, what makes a person rich is not a luxury car or a big house, but, a big heart. It's funny really, when I felt so alone in this world, people that I thought wold stick by my side just piled more aches. And doubted me. And gave me more pain. Numbness descended, but with difficulties come ease, and I met people that are no blood relation of mine, but just by being there, they eased my pain, stopped my tears. And I learn to smile again, and Praise to Allah, laugh again. I remembered a wise woman said to me: "By living a happy live is giving them the perfect revenge!".
Life is too short to waste on hating others. Let them be. Leave the condemnation, the judgement to Allah. I am just a small entity in this earth. Not God. I am trying my best here. Please, Ani, don't judge others, at least try not to, even if those person made you feel like life was so bleak at one time. Smile. Keep on moving. Let go of the grudges. Just let go...
Life is colourful. Don't let your self be trapped within the black and white era. There's always gonna be some grey areas where you are to be stuck in, too. Let your self be open to love... From Him, our Creator. Don't be afraid to feel (I always say that the pain is there to avoid myself from feeling numb, trapped in that dark place.) I think, we've all have dark sides that we don't want others to know. Places that we like to keep to ourselves. So, open yourself to love, to know real happiness. And don't take anything for granted.
Peace upon all of you.
Wassalam.
Love,
Ani.
It's mid January. 3 weeks of school. I am still adapting to the new life in 2013. I have some issues that I need to resolve. But let's just keep it personal and avoid writing about it until they are solved, okay?
Maybe, to some, this is way too late, to be writing my new year's resolution here. But that's me, I guess. Always getting on the late train. Like, I am 32, and this year, I realized that most of my friends are happily married and have kids that are entering primary school! Gasp! I mean, where has all my youths gone to? I don't even have a special someone in my life. No, don't get me wrong. I am happy with my life, though some would say my life is lonely. But, I am asking, really, I am old! Hahaha. But I like being 30's. It allowed me to be eccentric. Right?
So here's my new year resolutions:
1. personal: be a better person. As in keeping my obligations to Him, to people. Trying to pray on time (but, oh! It is very hard especially during Fajr during weekends!). Slot in time to do exercise (Yes, I put on weight now, because the new canteen boss knows how to attract customer. They are always asking for feed backs from us!). Since I love eating so much, I need to go for brisk walks in order to burn those calories from my meals. I try to lose weight not because I want to look beautiful, etc. But it's for my own health.
2. career: to build a networking with my colleagues. I am trying my best here. But I don't suffer fools. And I especially try to avoid talking bad things about people behind their back. You know how it is right? The easiest thing to do in the world is to criticized people and the hardest thing to do is to reflect on your own self and improve your self. Avoid talking unnecessary leave unless I have urgent matters to attend to, like get married? HAHAH.
3. travel: I want to travel in 2013. Destination? Definitely NZ, and maybe Mecca? I'll have to plan my budget this year. Nothing frivolous, Ani. I really, really want to go to Europe, but I think that, I should leave for 2014 or 2015. And let's not forget New Orleans and New York! Hahahah... And Ria told me not to miss Vietnam. Shopping haven!
4. budget - Ani, plan your expenses and savings. In order to travel, you need to have a big egg nest. For emergency purposes. You are not born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you don't have a wealthy husband, in fact, you don't have parents anymore. Period. FYI, I don't sell lands to buy cars. That's just not smart. I work. I make loans.
Thank you to those who assumed that I sold my mother's land to buy my car. Thank you. For the insults. Just because you see dollar signs every where, please don't lump me into the same category. I see people. I see whether they are being genuine or fake. To me, what makes a person rich is not a luxury car or a big house, but, a big heart. It's funny really, when I felt so alone in this world, people that I thought wold stick by my side just piled more aches. And doubted me. And gave me more pain. Numbness descended, but with difficulties come ease, and I met people that are no blood relation of mine, but just by being there, they eased my pain, stopped my tears. And I learn to smile again, and Praise to Allah, laugh again. I remembered a wise woman said to me: "By living a happy live is giving them the perfect revenge!".
Life is too short to waste on hating others. Let them be. Leave the condemnation, the judgement to Allah. I am just a small entity in this earth. Not God. I am trying my best here. Please, Ani, don't judge others, at least try not to, even if those person made you feel like life was so bleak at one time. Smile. Keep on moving. Let go of the grudges. Just let go...
Life is colourful. Don't let your self be trapped within the black and white era. There's always gonna be some grey areas where you are to be stuck in, too. Let your self be open to love... From Him, our Creator. Don't be afraid to feel (I always say that the pain is there to avoid myself from feeling numb, trapped in that dark place.) I think, we've all have dark sides that we don't want others to know. Places that we like to keep to ourselves. So, open yourself to love, to know real happiness. And don't take anything for granted.
Peace upon all of you.
Wassalam.
Love,
Ani.





No comments:
Post a Comment