Monday, January 21, 2013

Reflections in the Evening

Assalamualaikum.
Goal setting. What do I want to achieve in life? Where do I want my last destination to be? Jannah or jahannam? S.Covey says, begins with end in mind. If I want to enter the heaven, do I toil towards heaven? Do I act according to the sunnah? Do I try to be a person today compared to yesterday? Is the world in my heart or in my hands? Do  I let my love of this world take away my love towards him? What have I contribute to others today? Even if it just a simple gesture such as smiling to strangers or saying Assalaam to the people I meet?



What I learned really, that life is happiest when we give. If we chase happiness it will usually elude us, like the butterfly. But, when we feel sad, pathetic, etc, try to find people who have less than you,then, give. Mother Theresa said, it is not how much you give but how much love you put into giving. Give with all your heart. Help the orphans, the old, the special kids. Being a teacher, I am easily touched when I see special kids. They have gifts, but rarely do we see their voices being heard. It's even sadder, when their own parents think of them as burdens. Some may even send their kids to the special homes. I don't know why they could do it to their kids....


No comments:

Post a Comment