Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Act Of Forgiving



“What is there that forgiveness couldn’t achieve?”




“We attach our feelings to the moment when we were hurt, endowing it with immortality. And we let it assault us every time it comes to mind. It travels with us, sleeps with us, hovers over us while we make love, and broods over us while we die. Our hate does not even have the decency to die when those we hate die--for it is a parasite sucking OUR blood, not theirs. There is only one remedy for it. [forgiveness]” 

Lewis B. Smedes - Forgive & Forget: Healing the Hurts We Don't Deserve




“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” Mahatma Gandhi



Today, the person who had been hurting my feelings apologized. I am not good with emotions, especially in person. I am an observer, not a participant.

I tried to console her since she looked so sad. I hope my clumsy attempts would ease her mind. I didn’t mean to make her sad. It’s never my intention to cause her grief.

It’s very important to keep an open mind, I need to remind to myself. What was serious to me might be a jest to others. Maybe I was too sensitive at that time and couldn’t accept what she said. After this, I need to consider carefully instead of reacting.

One thing good did come out of this – I become attached with my profession. There are a lot of works pending that I managed to settle during my pressured period! Now I know that I must make a schedule to settle all my work.

Well, you know what they say that forgiving is easy. But the hardest part is forgiving. I pray that in time I’ll be able to forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment