Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Of Pain and Suffering

There is a great deal of pain in life and perhaps the only pain that can be avoided is the pain that comes from trying to avoid the pain.       - R.D. Laing

Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it...
- Hellen Keller



Someone who is very close to me is facing difficulties in her life. I won’t mention her name or even her problems because I respect her privacy. But I would like to dedicate this entry for her. This entry is about facing the pain in life and rising above it, despite all the problems and obstacles.

It’s hard, it’s tough, and it’s frustrating facing problems. I’ve faced numerous hardships to get where I am today. No, I won’t disclose my personal battles here. All I could conclude from all those difficulties is this – it does get better. And when we’ve succeeded in overcoming all those battles, we can appreciate what we’ve achieved. Insya Allah. Like in the Quran – WITH HARDSHIP COMES EASE...

Never be discouraged. But know when to cut your losses! Once you make a decision, stick to it and be firm.

To ease your worries, try reciting the Quran after each prayer. Insya Allah, Allah will show you the right path. Go, go, go! Don’t be sad, I am here for you!



THE GREATEST PAIN IN LIFE:

The greatest pain in life is not to die, but to be ignored

To lose the person that you love so much to another who doesn’t care at all

To have somebody you care about so much

Throw a party and not tell you about it

When your favourite person on earth neglects to invite you to his graduation

The greatest pain in life is not to die

But to be forgotten

To be left in the dust after another’s great achievement

To never get a call from a friend, just saying hi

When you show someone your inner most thoughts and they laugh at your face

For friends to always be busy to console you when you need someone to lift your spirits

When it seems like the only person who cares about you is you

Life is full of pain

But does it get any better?

Will people care about each other and make time for those in need

Each of us has a part to play

In this great show we call life

If you don’t care about your loved ones you won’t be punished

You’ll simply be ignored, forgotten...

As you have done to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment