Wednesday, April 13, 2011

So long and farewell, Cikgu Din!

“How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to”

Yesterday, we celebrated the transfer of our beloved PK1, Cikgu Jamalludin Kadir, or fondly called by everyone, Cikgu Din. He had been at SKLGM for 10 years, beginning from year 2000.

So, this entry is a tribute to Cikgu Din - About my first time meeting him when I was posted to SKLGM. How he had guided me through my first posting.
I remembered vividly the first time I met Cikgu Din.

He came by to Tok Long’s house where I was staying at that time. He greeted us by saying Salam, and then calling out my name: “So, where’s the new teacher, Teacher Wan Rohani?” he asked.

That was the first time I met him. He looked so serious that first time. He was the first staff from SKLGM that I had met. Thankfully, Cikgu Din generously invited me to go to school with him and two other female teachers because I didn’t have a car yet back then.

Getting to know Cikgu Din was an experience I’ll never forget. He’s a dedicated teacher, and me being me, I was not a hardworking one back then. All I know is that I want to teach and get my pay at the end of the month (I hope that I won’t go back to my old ways!). So, it was Cikgu Din who gave advice to me so that I won’t be a dead log in school!

Yesterday was a sad day. I am happy that Cikgu Din had so many good things going for him – being promoted to grade A school, accepted to UPSI Kuala Terengganu for a degree program, and expected to have a baby sometime next year! But, this goodbye is hard. He had taught me a lot on how to be a good teacher, and there is still a long way to go. 

His last advice to me yesterday? “Ani, be responsible! Don’t be too lazy. Do your job and carry your responsibility!”

Thank you so much Cikgu Din for all your guidance and help. I will try to follow your footsteps!

Insya Allah. May Allah bless you and your family!




No comments:

Post a Comment