Monday, April 25, 2011

HOW DO I...?



I read a very interesting FB status from my cousin, Elyn yesterday. She wondered how she could spread Islam’s beautiful teachings to the non-believers. Thus that lead me to open the folders that I have kept for a very long time in my laptop. I discovered Harun Yahya back when I was reading HLovate novels. That led me to Zakir Naik. I am more interested in Zakir Naik’s ebooks because I find his language much simpler to understand. So, this entry and I hope the next few ones would be an excerpt from Zakir Naik’s ebook. No, I didn’t write the explanation below, I copied it from Zakir Naik’s ebook. What is Da’wah? I hope that this could answer some of the questions that had been in your mind.

From Zakir Naik’s ebook:
Da’wah is a duty


Most Muslims know that Islam is a universal religion, meant for all mankind. Allah (swt) is the Lord of the entire Universe, and Muslims have been entrusted with the duty of conveying His message to all mankind. Alas, most Muslims today have become callous towards this duty! While accepting Islam as the best way of life for ourselves, most of us are unwilling to share this knowledge with those to whom the message has not yet been conveyed. The Arabic word Da’wah means a call or an invitation. In Islamic context, it means to strive for the propagation of Islam.

The Glorious Qur’an says:

“Ah! Who is more unjust than those who conceal the testimony they
have from Allah? But Allah is not unmindful of what ye do!”
[Al-Qur’an 2:140]

“Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord, with wisdom and beautiful
preaching, and argue with them in ways that are best and most
gracious!”
[Al-Qur’an 16:125]

No comments:

Post a Comment