Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Selipar (slippers)

I still vividly recalled last year when I was going through a bad phase in a relationship. Actually it wasn’t a real one. I just had a crush on one guy which was unrequited. Nothing hurts more than a one sided affair. So, seeing anything made me think of him. I just bought a new pair of slippers at that time.

Metaphorically, when I saw just one side of the slippers made me think of him. It made me sent an SMS to a couple of old friend saying how much it hurts only to have one from the pair of slipper. And they replied:


“Spuk, why must we be slipper that is situated at the feet? Why couldn’t we be songkok that doesn’t necessarily a couple and sits on the top of the head?” –Madiha


“If the one of the shoe is not lost, but it is damaged and caused us hurt, why must we keep on insisting on wearing it if it could endanger you, hurt you? ” -Azza


I know, I am lucky to have such wise friends. But it’s hard to forget and move on. It seems that he has set certain standards, and no one else could measure up… but I have to let him go. And maybe one day I will find my soul mate…

No comments:

Post a Comment