Yesterday, my class had 2 farewell parties. One was at maktab and one more at a steamboat restaurant. Both were great. But that’s not what I want to write about. I want to write about friendship and trust and forgiveness. Lay Hoon – a Chinese girl that I am lucky to know and befriended. She understands about friendship and forgiveness. I for one, finds it hard to forgive if some person really hurt me. I still remember what my ex-room mate started backstabbing me. But as time goes by, I started to let go of the hurt. Lay Hoon was also hurt by her. She was not a lovable person (who am I to judge actually?)… but I think Lay Hoon is more understanding and forgiving. She was willing to take and send back that girl to maktab back because no one else in the maktab was willing to do so.
It’s a puzzle why my ex-room mate’s friends are boycotting her. But I don’t want to find out. Let sleeping dogs lie, that’s my stand on this issue. Her ex-best friend said that she doesn’t respect other people. I don’t know. My experience with her while we were in the same room last semester made me feel angry. She was a busy body and stingy person while we were rooming together. Maybe she was the same with her housemates now…
No comments:
Post a Comment